Nollywood Is Filled With Prostitutes – Actress Reveals

Despite her passion for acting, she has added
another feather to her cap as the publisher and the
CEO of Central Star magazine. Mariam Omolara
Barake, actress, is a mother of three.


In a recent interview, she speaks on why she
ventured into magazine production, her take on the
Association of Nigerian Theatre Practitioners (ANTP)
crisis and her fashion preferences. Excerpts

Why I kept a low profile.
I agree with you that I kept a low profile in recent
time. It was my decision to focus on another things
and I don’t have any regret that I am still in the
industry. I think it was high time for me to take such
step since I had already registered my face in the
minds of my fans and it was a thing I have been
longing for years back. To me, what I am doing at
present is still part of entertainment. I now produce
a magazine called ‘Central Star magazine’. Despite
all odds, the outcome is really impressive. The
magazine focuses on the entertainment industry,
both up-and-coming and stars, legends of the
industry, entertainment events, behind the scenes,
culture and tradition among others.

Whether I am tired of acting.
I can’t be tired of my passion. It is just that I had to
pause for a while. It got to a stage that I had to
mellow down to focus more on my family. I
discovered that my family needs me more, so I had
to make a u-turn to attend to my home diligently
before any other thing.

Take on provocative dressing.
It is not ideal to castigate anyone concerning this
because we are all brought up from a different home
and background. Back in the days, any lady that
wore trousers is described as a prostitute, but it is a
different thing today. This is because we have been
influenced by the foreign world. Today, provocative
dressing is on the increase, it is beyond trousers.
You cannot comprehend what you see in the social
world today. Even in our industry, it is now a mixture
of prostitutes and professionals. We have gone
beyond what we tapped from the foreign world. Our
young generations have also joined the race of
indecent dressings. A lot of actors in the industry
don’t have passion for this profession; they have
come into the industry with a dirty motive and to sell
or showcase themselves. We have made effort to
caution them, but they would not want to adjust.
Whether they like it or not, nemesis will catch up
with them someday. They are poised to flaunt their
selling points and to use the industry as a means to
showcase their businesses. That is why they do all
sort to look for fame. We are expected to be a good
model to our fans and the general public.

My husband’s support.
I thank God for the kind of man He gave me. He is
always ready to give a hand to actualise my dream.
He was the person that registered my company and
came home to give me the certificate. The
management of the home front and my career has
always been smooth with his assistance.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment