I Have Had Enough- Kunle Afolayan


In an interview with NollywoodNewsNow, Kunle Afolayan disclosed that he has had enough awards and he is looking forward to when his cast and crew would benefit from these awards.

He said “I feel great, I feel good that these awards are coming but what I’m looking forward to is for my crew and cast to benefit from these awards. I have had enough of awards, now, for me, it’s about making films for the people. Yes, reasonably, the awards add to the marketing and publicity of the film but my technical crew put a lot into the productions.”




The Air France ambassador further disclosed that if he had his way, he would submit his films for awards but still excited that Sadiq Daba was recognized.

Kunle Afolayan said “If I have my way, I won’t go out to submit my films for awards, because whether we like it or not, awards come with a lot of politics. So, if you can’t handle the shock, don’t go there. Today, I’m excited. Sadiq Daba was overwhelmed to get the award for Best Actor in a Leading Role and I want to commend the organizers of the AMAA for a beautiful outing here in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. No doubt, it’s a better edition and with the partnership with Facebook, the mileage was good and the experience spectacular.  It’s a unique experience.”
It could be recalled that Kunle Afolayan’s movie “The Figurine”, bagged five major awards at the African Film Academy and also experienced tremendous success in Nigerian movie theaters.
Share on Google Plus

About Yo Blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment