My emergence is divine – New Ooni

The Ooni of Ife-elect, Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, has said that his emergence as the next monarch for the exalted throne is not by any sudden flight but by divine intervention and through dint of hard work.

The real estate magnate and business icon in a piece entitled, “My Dream for Ife’, said he has a scintillating story to tell the world.

Basking in the euphoria of his preference over other competitors by his people, he said: “I have a story to tell the world and, most importantly, the people of Ile-Ife.

“Over 40 years ago, I was born into the Giesi Ruling House, Ojaja Royal Compound of Agbedegbede in the ancient city of Ile-Ife. From birth, my life has been a journey; one that I embarked on without knowing I was being groomed for this day.

“At an early age, I became very enterprising with the knack of building something out of nothing. Years ago, I built a number of consortiums with a team of well versed, highly skilled and unskilled professionals from scratch and with hard work and God’s providence. This has made me a huge employer of labour and a captain of industry.”

According to him, the story of Ile-Ife begins as the cradle of black civilization and has spread its tentacles beyond black Africa.

“The Ooni stool is highly revered and exalted and as the world looks on, our strength and emphasis need to be injected into the urbanisation of Ile-Ife. Before now, Ile-Ife has not taken its rightful position as the ‘source’ of black civilisation. However, it has a wealth of history, culture and tradition which predates thousands of years.


“Having found ourselves in such state of affairs where the potential of the land remains untapped and its people lacking economic and social emancipation, we should all take it upon ourselves to redress this situation. The Ile-Ife of my dream will be strategically positioned to empower its people socially, economically and traditionally, to bring about the desired developments.”
Ogunwusi affirmed that there is a huge possibility for Ile-Ife to experience tremendous growth through industrialisation and developmental projects as a company managed by dedicated sons and daughters of Ife and all Ife enthusiasts.

He said he has no doubt that Ife will be great again due to its economic dexterity.
“Ife has one of the largest land mass in the southwest, beaming with natural resources, including three out of the four factors of production – land, labour and entrepreneurship, and with our great resolve we shall work towards capital creation.

“I am very passionate about my roots with the determination of bringing Ile-Ife to the forefront of economic and social affairs. I have for a long time been very involved in many philanthropic gestures in Ile-Ife and its environs. The progressiveness of the youths of Ile-Ife is at the core of my philosophy and I have been instilling hope in thousands of youths through the various ongoing reciprocity programmes I established long ago.
“It is within the dictates of our culture that the young shall provide for the old, and for this reason our youths need to be nurtured and engaged positively, hence they can attain financial independence and in return provide for their parents, families and dependents.

“Many might argue that the tasks before me are incredibly monumental and impossible – which might be so; however, I do not get easily swayed by the idea of impossibilities. In every challenging situation, what I see is a speck of possibility which I build on till the task at hand is completed.
“I have done this time over time and I have defied the rules of men to follow my gut instincts. I excel the most where others have failed and I derive the most joy where others have said emphatically, “it is not possible.”

“I cannot but emphasize that the development and wellbeing of our youths is paramount to our future and one that is very close to my heart. This area needs to be properly addressed to ensure our youths are well engaged in various professional and vocational pursuits.

“Today, to the glory of God, I have been energized to rehabilitate and take off the streets several thousands of youths by providing them with gainful employment.”
Share on Google Plus

About Yo Blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment