I’m not intimidated by male colleagues – Kemi Adetiba


One of Nigeria’s successful female cinematographers and popular TV host, Kemi Adetiba, has confirmed that even though she has found her feet in a male dominated field, she is not scared.
The creative queen, who loves to be addressed as a visual artiste, in a chat, said, “If I’m being intimidated by my male counterpart, then I will not be where I am today. I did not pay or sleep with anyone to get to where I am today. One of those deep things my mum taught me from the very beginning was that, when you work, you have to work harder than the next person. That way, you can be rest assured you will make it.”



The single mother of one has worked with top Nigerian music stars and corporate brands. She also noted some of the challenges she faced in her line of business and conquered.

“I try not to see challenges. There are obvious ones but I don’t want to give too much energy to them by highlighting them. I could go on about how difficult it is to conduct business in Nigeria but it won’t be fair. I have the same even shots as everyone else,” she noted.

Kemi Adetiba got her first taste of the media industry as a little girl accompanying her father, Dele Adetiba, to radio and television stations.

Dele Adetiba is a veteran in the advertising and broadcast industries, playing a pivotal role in the development of the industry in Nigeria.
Share on Google Plus

About Yo Blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment